Programming Language Support
C++ Development with Qt
Qt provides an intuitive C++ class library with a rich set of application build blocks for C++ development. Qt goes beyond C++ in the areas of inter-object communication and flexibility for advanced GUI development. Qt adds the following features to C++:
- Powerful mechanism for inter-object communication called
- Queryable and designable object properties
- Powerful events and events filters
- Contextual string translation for internationalization
- Sophisticated interval driven timers that make it possible to elegantly integrate many tasks in an event-driven GUI
- Hierarchical and queryable object trees that organize object ownership in a natural way
- Guarded pointers that are automatically set to 0 when the referenced object is destroyed, unlike normal C++ pointers which become dangling pointers when their objects are destroyed
- A dynamic cast that works across library boundaries.
QML Development with Qt Quick
- Optimized for touch-based, animated mobile UIs
- Includes a set of graphical and behavioral building blocks:
- No C++ knowledge required for UI creation, but can be extended with C++
Additional Language Bindings
Qt bindings exist for several other languages. These bindings are projects developed and maintained among the free software community, and are not officially supported by us.
Qt for Java Development
Qt Jambi – Qt bindings to the Java programming language – has been discontinued in order to focus resources on the Qt cross platform application and UI framework.